What Are Antibiotics And Its Types
What Are Antibiotics And Its Types – As we all know, ever since the discovery of antibiotics, the quality of human life has been improved. Are you aware of antibiotics and it’s different available types? Are you the one who is wondering what are antibiotic medicines? If your answer is yes, here we have answer to all your question. Now you don’t need to search further for the best antibiotics medicines or its types. Here you will get all the knowledge regarding antibiotics.
Talking about antibiotics, it is important to tell that it is very strong dose of medicines which basically treats the infection of the body. People who suffer any kind of infection problem basically prescribed to have antibiotics. It cannot treat the viral infections because this medicine cannot kill viruses. The medicine have different types. You will see different types of antibiotic drugs around you in the market which is available with the different brand. Most of the time, it have two names. The name can be trade name or the brand name which is created by the drug company.
Each antibiotic have their own benefits and side effects in the body. And your doctor is the right person to compare your needs with the available medicines.
What Are Antibiotic Medicines?
Antibiotics are the medicines which works to kill the infection caused by bacteria. Everybody loves to stay healthy and nobody wish to get sick. A sore throat, throbbing head, and aching body can be a symptoms of infection or viral. If you are the one who is facing all these signs and desperate to feel better, then you can have antibiotics. Many of us also consult a doctor in hopes of some medicinal relief but in short all you need is antibiotics. These are the medicines which are to kill the bacterial infection from the body.
Different Types Of Antibiotics Medicines
You will see there are 100 of antibiotic medicines which are available in the market and the majority come from only a few types of drugs. Here are some of the main types of antibiotic medicines mentioned below.
- Penicillin such as penicillin
- Cephalosporins such as cephalexin(Keflex)
- Macrolides such as erythromycin (E-Mycin), clarithromycin (Biaxin), and azithromycin (Zithromax)
- Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofolxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin(Levaquin), and ofloxacin (Floxin)
- Sulfonamides such as co-trimoxazole (Bactrim) and trimethoprim(Proloprim)
- Tetracyclines such as tetracycline(Sumycin, Panmycin) and doxycycline (Vibramycin)
- Aminoglycosides such as gentamicin (Garamycin) and tobramycin(Tobrex)
How Should You Take Antibiotic Medicines?
It is very important to know the right way to eat antibiotic medicines. If you are also looking for the same, here we suggest you some tips to consume antibiotic medicines.
- Read the label of the medicine and know about how often you can take your medicines.
- You can ask your pharmacist or doctor about the same.
- Some antibiotics are are suggested to consume with something in your stomach whereas some are advised to consume only with water.
- Taking your antibiotics in wrong manner may affect your absorption.
- It is also important to store your medicine correctly
You are always suggested to complete your antibiotic medicine dose. Even though you may feel better before your medicine is entirely gone. It is important for the healing. If you stopped it in between, the bacteria may harm you again.
Side Effects Of Antibiotic Medicines
As we all know, every medicines have their own benefits and side effects. Here are some of the side effects antibiotic medicines mentioned below.
- You may get rashes on your body.
- Soft stools, diarrhea.
- A strong dose of antibiotic may give you problem of digestion.
- Upset Stomach
- Fungal (yeast) infections like thrush.
These are some of the side effects. You may face some other problem which is not mentioned here. For that consult your doctor.
We hope, we provided you the best information regarding antibiotic medicines and its different available types which all you need to know. For more, you can also visit our official website.